How to prevent canvas from cracking when painting with acrylics?Monish Gala
To prevent canvas from cracking when painting with acrylics, you should:
- Use a high-quality, stretched canvas that is primed with gesso or another primer specifically designed for acrylic paint.
- Avoid using heavy impasto techniques or applying thick layers of paint, as this can put stress on the canvas fibers and cause cracking.
- Use a medium or gel to thin the paint and make it more flexible, which can help reduce cracking.
- Avoid exposing the painting to extreme temperature or humidity changes, as these can cause the paint and canvas to expand or contract and lead to cracking.
- If your painting will be on display, make sure to use UV-protective varnish to protect the painting from fading or cracking due to exposure to light.
Leave a Reply